lotus flower

lotus flower

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Don't Just Join a Yoga Center, Join a Yoga Family: Editorial


My name is Cortney Peters and I have been going to the Yoga Center for Healthy Living a little over 6 months now. Having tried many yoga places (with Groupons, I might add) I had never really found a center that I fit into. There was never a place where I was recognized or acknowledged- I was just another body with a coupon. I plead guilty to "Groupon-jumping" from center to center until this method eventually lead me to Yoga Center for Healthy Living.

I went to my first yoga class at the center and it was lead by the owner, Lee Ann. Anyone who knows Lee knows what an incredible teacher she is not only of yoga, but of life. Soaking up her words of wisdom and rejuvenating my body, soul and mind during her yoga class made me realize I didn't want to practice anywhere else.

After having attended quite a few classes with a variety of teachers at Yoga Center for Healthy Living, I learned that each one of them practices and encourages the way Lee does. They make yoga enjoyable and make each person feel welcomed, respected and like you're part of their yoga family. This is when I learned that I would much rather be a part of a yoga family than just any other center. There are even some students I have come to recognize and get to know, because they know the secret of a yoga family just like I do.

If you've never been to yoga or you have, but haven't found fulfillment in your practice, give Yoga Center for Healthy Living a try. You will encounter a studio full of teachers and students who have become a yoga family. We all gather for a purpose and the hardest part is getting to the mat. Once you make it there, you won't be sorry. Yoga Center for Healthy Living is my home away from home! Thank you so much Lee and staff for cultivating such a calming and nurturing environment for my yoga practice. See you all soon! Om, Shanti!

1 comment:

  1. I <3 my yoga family and I am so grateful for each and every member. Thank you Cortney for your post. <3

    ReplyDelete