lotus flower

lotus flower

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Cherish Life and Love for Eternal Peace

My youngest daughter recently returned home (safely, thankfully!) from a semester in Thailand & Malaysia.  We just received news this week, that her former roommate, Rachel, is not going to return home safely from her semester in South Africa...Rachel was killed in a car accident last Monday.
Needless to say, the stunning shock of hearing this upsetting, unsettling, unexpected news has saddened and sickened so many!  As a parent, my mind & heart immediately goes to: "OMG, can you imagine getting a phonecall with this traumatic news?"  How will her parents ever heal?  How would I heal, if this were to happen to me? 

I cannot wrap my mind around this...and it reminds me of being a lot younger when my brother was killed by an intern's mistake at U of M...There was a plaque, given to my parents long ago, and it remains on their bedroom wall: "No greater grief is there than that of a parent whose child dies before him."  Too true...
I ask that you pray for Rachel's parents and family, for all those friends who grieve her loss...and that you LET THOSE YOU LOVE, KNOW YOU LOVE THEM~ TODAY!   We never know how much time we have together until it's gone.
om shanti, om love,
Lee  Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment