lotus flower

lotus flower

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Journey Continues on the FIRST SPOKE OF THE WHEEL~ AHIMSA

Namaste', and welcome to today's journey on our path in this lifetime....we continue to saga with AHIMSA, NON-VIOLENCE in our thoughts words, and deeds.....once again, easy to say....THE INVITATION is to apply this YAMA  to the conversation we had this morning with a family member, friend, loved one or foe.....are my thoughts about him/her honest, and kind, true, or "what I want to make true for myself so as to "rationalize my words and actions into righteousness"?  Is there violence in my verbiage, as well as my self-talk to my own body, mind & soul?  Is my thinking judgmental? demeaning? and is this the energy I want to put out there in my world, on my path.....again, this is applicable to myself and those in my lives....
What about my comments (or even thoughts) about a TV personality~ I may never meet them, yet, I could have a strong opinion about them....Are these opinions critical? Are they even necessary?  Asking ourselves 3 questions before we open our mouths and utter words, could help us be more aware and conscientious about violent words:
1. Is what I am thinking/saying/doing KIND?
2. Is it TRUE?
3. Is it NECESSARY?

You are invited to contemplate, consider these 3 questions in the moments, the days, the encounters ahead ....invite AHIMSA to journey with you....
Until we meet again...NAMASTE'!

No comments:

Post a Comment